BoomBox is a VR rhythm game featuring a large catalogue of high-energy songs and a variety of environments. Exercise, play and compete on the global leaderboard while beating drums and dodging obstacles. Feeling creative? You can design new maps through our intuitive editor!
Release Date: Feb 26, 2021
Developer/Publisher: Cyberspline Games Inc
Supported Headsets: HTC Vive, Valve Index, Oculus Rift, Quest w/Link (PCVR), Windows Mixed Reality
Supported Controllers: Tracked motion Controllers
Game Modes: Single Player
Release Status: Full release
Demo Available: No
Locomotion: Roomscale (Move Left or Right)
Turning options: Front-facing
Sitting: No Standing: Yes
Left Handed option: N/A
In-Game Height Calibration: Yes
Comfort options: None
Avatar: Only drum sticks you are holding show when in a song. In the main menu section you have hands.
Gear/Inventory: None or N/A
In-Game Tutorial: No
Physical Activity level: High – Extreme
Number of Levels: 29 songs
Difficulty Options: Easy, Normal, Hard, Expert, Insane (Not all songs currently have all difficulties)
Mod Support: No, but it does have built in custom map support and a desktop editor for mappers. There are 380+ provided DMCA-free songs for the community to use in mapping.
Custom song support is built in. You do not need to mod anything. Just add the .bom file to the Maps directory of your game files.
Directory location ..\Steam\steamapps\common\BoomBox\BoomBox_Data\Maps
- Great community and devs are very involved
- Custom maps and map editor - community is already making maps
- Game is played by moving your arms- No sore wrists
- There is a cat and you can pet her.
- Great exercise, really makes you move
- Game is in Early Access and still being developed. Negatives can be fixed and don't belong in an Early Access review, unless they are game breaking. Game is playable with no major bugs that need to be pointed out.
Information last verified/updated: March 1, 2021
Information, menu images and review based on the Steam version of the game. There may be slight differences between platforms.
Not up to date? Submit a request here and we will review our information with the current version of the game.